The CV is crucially important in the application process and is one of the key factors whether further process steps such as interviews are initiated. As a recruitment agency, we review several CVs each day and therefore know the five key factors that make up a meaningful CV.
- Briefly and succinctly list experiences / qualifications in the form of bullet points
- Separate the essential from the insignificant and avoid long texts
- Assessment of key qualifications on a rating scale (e.g., 1-5)
- Antichronological structure with the latest experience at the top
- Highlight your successes: e.g. Sales increase of 50% within 12 months
- For Freelancers: specify the exact availability, possible locations and hourly rate
2) Accuracy and completeness of job information:
- Full job title, company details and detailed task descriptions
- Project list as attachment for freelancers (Hint: customer names can also be anonymized, in case of a confidentiality obligation, e.g. Consultant Quality Control at a pharmaceutical company in Germany)
- Exact specification of the duration of a job / project (starting date, end date)
- Attach references for relevant jobs / projects
3) Use Keywords and refer to the job description
- Use the substantial key keywords from the job description to list relevant experiences
- Avoid excessive use of keywords and try to use synonyms
- Consider required soft skills (e.g., “hands-on mentality” or leadership experience)
4) Layout and visual appearance:
- Clear design (consistent font and size, simple background)
- Current and business-related photo
- Keep your CV as short as possible (“kiss” – keep it short & simple)
5) Spelling mistakes and truth of information:
- Emphasise the quality of the CV: avoid spelling mistakes etc.
- Avoid “fake” job titles, tasks or project durations
A CV template is available to download for free on our homepage.
Here you can find our current projects. Get in touch with us!